Tuesday, March 15, 2011

My Husband The Minister

Well it all started like this...... Wayne has a couple of good friends who were getting married. It was the second marriage for both and they were looking to go nontraditional.... to say the least. They decided to get married in the hospital, in jeans, and with my husband as the official. Yes you heard me right.... Wayne is an ordained minister. He was mailed a certificate and everything. Apparently anybody with a credit card can be ordained. So after the paperwork was complete you would think it would get simple from there, but I told you they were going nontraditional. The vows were the ones from The Princess Bride, you know, Wuv Twu Wuv.... followed by the exchanging of the rings and some real vows, you know, repeat after me, and all that jazz. All in all it was a really fun, low key wedding. However, I don't think Wayne is going to volunteer for anymore weddings, but it was definitely something he enjoyed once.
not the Bible, Gray's Anatomy....
One of my favorite shots, lights around an IV pole
Millie enjoying a cookie...

2 comments:

  1. LOVE IT! My dad is a minister and I think he has done the princess bride thing at the rehearsal of every wedding he has performed! it never gets old...to him... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's awesome! If we ever renew our vows I want Wayne to do it! :)

    I love the Princess Bride thing they did. And love the pictures... that's so creative!

    ReplyDelete