Monday, November 4, 2013

What a Difference 3 Months Makes....

Well Millie has been in Kindergarten now for 3 months. That means 3 months of my girl being gone 8 hrs a day. That means 3 months of someone else witnessing her sassy personality, major accomplishments, and new experiences. How does this make me feel. Torn. Most days my heart breaks a little when she gets out of the car. Most days I hang near the phone to make sure they don't call saying she needs me. But some days, and these are the most important days, I feel proud. She has grown so much in the last 3 months. She has grown socially and academically. She has so many little friends and is involved in Daisies. She has the most AR points in her class, was asked to join a gifted program, and has only brought home fantastic papers. There are occasions I don't recognize her anymore. She says some phrase I know I didn't teach her, makes some observation wise beyond her years, or speaks of her friends with such compassion, and her growth smacks me in the face. She has changed so much in 3 months, but then again so have I. I became the mother to a kindergartner, I received  24 hours of down time per week ( I work 2 days outside the home), and I have had to learn to release small bits of my heart. Honestly I believe she is handling the changes better, but I'm trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment