Saturday, August 1, 2009

Gulf Shores Day 1



As I right this I am sitting in our condo in Gulf Shores. Millie is asleep in her room and all I have to say is I have one amazing kid. I was so nervous about the journey and how she would adapt to not being at home. I kept obsessing over 2 facts, #1 she has never been in a car more than 2 hrs straight, and #2 she has never slept away from home or out of her crib. Well the answer to #1, she rocks at travel. She was in the car for more than 10 hrs with 3 small breaks. She only fussed one time for about 15 minutes. I am so impressed. If I was strapped in sitting straight up and unable to readjust, I would be a disaster. She took everything in stride. The answer to #2, she feel asleep in less than 10 minutes and is still like a rock over 2 hrs later. Also I had a minor concern about whether or not she would like the beach. Well let me tell you we are raising a fish. She loves it, the concern now is to keep her from running into the ocean. I am really looking forward to tomorrow. We are going to spend most of the day at the beach, and have a nice dinner. That is our only plans! I like those sort of days. Moral of the story, I underestimate my kid, and I worry too much! I will try to be better, wish me luck!
See Ya Soon,
Holly

2 comments:

  1. yay! so glad she is doing well! i hope you all have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why can't I just be more like you?!

    ReplyDelete