Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Carving Pumpkins

Well this evening we decided to carve our Halloween Pumpkins. Last year Millie was quite small so we sat her in her bumbo chair and let her watch us carve. So I was excited this year because she is big enough to really get in there with us. She can't use a knife but she can dig in and help pull out the guts and lets face it that is what we all like to do anyway. So I cut the top off and stuck my hand in and pulled out a huge orange mess. She backed away with a horrified look on her face. I said "it's ok Mil, we are just cleaning the pumpkin, go ahead and reach in". " No Mamma, my hands dirty". She then ran off the porch. I went out, got her and lead her back to the pumpkin, I gently guided her hand to the open pumpkin and then she started to pull back, well I was not going to let her miss out on one of the greatest messes you get to make that is "legal". So I made her touch it while she protested. I just knew the minute she touched the goo she would love it. Just like playdo, or silly putty. She touched it and freaked out. "My hand dirty, I need wipe, MY HAND DIRTY WIPE NOW". Oh well. So the pics of pumpkin carving this year look like I am abusing her. I guess I only have myself to blame.
See Ya Soon,
Holly

1 comment: