Monday, December 14, 2009

We Didn't Step Outside Today



I honestly have no idea what it felt like outside today. Millie and I had a day of no plans. We got up around 9 ate breakfast and played. I talked to my Bestie and she watched cartoons. We had lunch, and she napped while I addressed Christmas cards. When she got up we sorted her toys. We went through each item and she told me if she wanted to keep it or give it to a little kid who needs toys. She got rid of a garbage bag full. We will take them to Goodwill tomorrow. I was quite proud of her. I told her that and she replied, "I proud of you Momma". It was possibly one of the sweetest things anyone has ever said to me. We ate supper and watched TV til Wayne came home. He ate and then we played til bedtime. It was a lovely day and I never opened the frontdoor.


Holly

2 comments:

  1. that sounds absolutely perfect!! I only ever got rid of one toy in my childhood. I gave my mama brightly doll away to a toy drive when I was tiny (Dr. John was there!!) and I honestly regretted it for the rest of my young-ness

    http://www.ghostofthedoll.co.uk/Toys_Snugglebumms_Adults.htm

    i just found it online a few weeks ago--proof that it was what I remembered! i asked patrick for it at christmas at first but then decided that it was not practical ;)

    ReplyDelete