Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Touching Base

Hello! So it has been a week and..... we have a new hip. Last Wednesday Wayne had surgery to replace his degenerating left hip with a new prosthetic. It was a very long day full of bumps, but after 4 days in the hospital he was released. Today is one week since surgery and I am shocked at how much progress he has made. I used to be an orthopedic nurse, I remember hip surgery. I was scared because of how much I remembered, but Wayne is so different. He is moving independently with the assistance of a walker. He is standing and walking for long periods of time. (And he even chased after a defiant Millie last night. I couldn't help but stand back and chuckle...) There are still some fears, I think he will always find something to worry about, but for the most part we are clearing every hurtle. I am proud of his determination. I am trying to watch his example so I can have the same mindset about caring for both he and Millie. He is working under the no excuses mantra so I am adopting the same one. It is getting easier everyday. I still request your prayers. Please pray for me to have a better attitude and to stop feeling whiny. I am trying not to show how whiny I feel but it is coming through anyway. I hope to look back at this post in a couple of months and realize how far we have come.

1 comment: