Monday, July 25, 2011

Almost there....


Foyer Closet Before


Mid Decluttering
After

So this summer I have a goal to declutter our home as much as possible. I had several areas of major distress. The major problems were: the foyer closet, the pantry, Millie's room, laundry room, Millie's closet, my closet and my desk/craft area. Well..... I only have one area left. My desk/craft area I hope to finish this week. I am so proud! I feel lighter! We have given to Goodwill at least 9 garbage bags full (39 gal bags). We have given clothes, shoes, household items, and toys (oh the toys). Things are looking and feeling so much better. It really is true that it is so much easier to keep your home looking nice when there is a place for everything. Millie has really benefited from this. It is amazing to me how much more she plays in her room now that we have given away half the toys. I think she was overwhelmed. Now she is imagining. I hope I can keep up the momentum. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. It looks great from the pictures Holly! I'm proud of you and I wish I had that drive!

    ReplyDelete