Tuesday, July 26, 2011

God Is Moving....


For the last 7 years we have attended Hillvue Heights Church in Bowling Green. We have been satisfied with the service and when Mil was a baby we found it adequate. Unfortunately when you are discussing a relationship with the Lord adequate isn't a desirable adjective. Now that Mil is getting older I have found that I am seeking a place more like the church I grew up in. Somewhere people stand up and give testimonies. Somewhere people raise their hands and their voices. Somewhere you feel God moving. Around the same time I was feeling this lacking Wayne mentioned that he would like to find a different church atmosphere. Funny how God puts it on both your hearts. So a couple of weeks ago we sent Millie to Belmont VBS. It is a church just up the road, significantly larger than the church I grew up in, but much smaller than Hillvue. She loved it. The following Sunday we attended church. The major differences being, my parents still attend Hillvue, Millie stayed with us during service (instead of going to Children's Church), and I felt God move. I reserved judgement and oddly enough Wayne and I never discussed our experience. Then we went back this past Sunday. I wasn't sure if I would feel the same about it now that we had been a couple of times, but happily I felt the spirit. When we left the parking lot Wayne turned to me and said, "yep this is it". I am feeling very relieved. I hope that we are able to watch Millie flourish in God and that we notice our family becoming closer to what God wants us to be. Please pray for us and our journey.

2 comments:

  1. Isn't God wonderful?!? I grew up in Belmont and it is so very special to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. excited for you! church can be such a hard thing and too often churches here are "a mile wide & an inch deep." Glad God has directed you to a place where He is working, and praying that He continues to do huge things in all of your lives!

    ReplyDelete