Monday, July 25, 2011

Blue Moon Of Kentucky.....


A couple of months ago Millie woke up around midnight. She was upset because of a dream and said she was thirsty and hungry. So I brought her in the family room with Wayne and I. I gave her a snack and turned on America's Funniest Home Videos. She was so excited to be up late. The next day she asked if she could stay up that night. I replied, "no Sweetie, that only happens once in a blue moon". I didn't think anything of the saying and went on with our conversation. A few days later she asked if the moon was going to be blue that night because she wanted to stay up. Wayne and I thought that was so cute. So every couple of weeks we run in her room after we have put her to bed and yell, "it's a blue moon!!!". She gets so excited! We let her have a snack and turn on some show she likes. It is precious to watch her face light up. I think it is one of the memories she will hold dear. I know it is one of my favorites. We haven't done it in a while so tonight we did, and it hasn't lost it's magic. We watched The Next Foodnetwork Star. After the show she went straight to sleep. I hope she has dreams of blue moons.

1 comment:

  1. Aw! Millie is so adorable! You and Wayne are such good parents! I love reading your blog to see what you all and Millie are up to. :) Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete