Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Feelin Hot Hot Hot

I have never in my life met someone more attached to their hot rollers than me. I use them everyday, sometimes twice a day. I know that those that know me find that hard to believe because usually my hair looks straight, but I promise it starts curled and within a couple of hours returns to its stick like appearance. But if I didn't hot roll my hair it would be kinky and stuck to my head. I can have my whole head in rollers in less than 2 minutes. It started in high school when I realized that if I rolled my long hair people noticed, I did it about once a week. Then in college I would roll my hair for church and on clinical days to give my ponytail some body. Then I had a baby and I couldn't use a hairdryer in the mornings, (Never Wake A Sleeping Baby). I discovered I could wash my hair at night, go to bed with my hair wet and when I woke up in the morning I could roll my hair and no one knew I went to bed with my hair wet. Well Millie will be 4 next month and with the exception of lazy days I can count on one hand the amount of times I have left the house without hot rolling my hair. Even more amazing I have only had to sets of hot rollers in my life, my current one I got in college. Well this morning my worst fear happened. I went to bed with my hair wet, woke up plugged in my beloved rollers and nothing, the red light did not come on. I can not tell you the panic that rushed into my chest. Imagine the panic you feel when your cars engine light comes on, well multiple that by like 10. I moved the cord around and the light came on, but I knew in heart it is time to retire my precious rollers. I contemplated learning to style differently. The idea was entertained for 30 seconds and I decided...... nope I am buying new hot rollers this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. You and your hot rollers saved my booty on the day of my nursing pinning!!! Definitely in favor of them!! :) Love ya

    ReplyDelete