Sunday, March 18, 2012

Blessings

Some days are for reflecting on the many blessings God has given to us. This particular day is one where I seem to see everyone before me all at once. I woke this morning with severe back pain, but that problem was defeated by a husband who rubbed my back for half an hour instead of catching his last hour of rest. Then I went into the room of our most beautiful gift and received the joy of her smile. We attended church with my wonderful parents, my brother and his lovely wife. We left church, walked into the sunshine, and had a nice lunch together. We then had a great time touring the new SKYPAC building. Millie got to make a theater mask and meet a princess. We came home to spend the rest of the beautiful afternoon playing outside. I was able to rest my back in the rocker on the front porch, my husband whittling on a stick next to me. I glimpsed how we will be in 50 years. We came in to watch TV together, and I brushed my baby girl's hair into a soft blond mane down her back. Wayne and I put her to bed, and now he is sitting next to me on the couch watching some horribly violent show, but that is why I love him ;) Tomorrow we all get to be together again... more memories will surely be made.

1 comment: