Wednesday, March 21, 2012

My Pretty Little Lilac

One of my favorite smells of Spring, well actually one of my favorite smells anytime is lilacs. They remind me of a simpler time. A time when I would venture into the yard of my grandparents to pick huge bouquets of these fragrant flowers. They trigger memories of big Easter egg hunts and family. The most vivid images are of my Nana's hands trimming them from the bush and piling them into green glass vases. We would drive around delivering them to my aunts and my mother. I have this same memory of strawberry pies. I guess the feeling connected with most things my grandmother taught me is the spirit of giving. Waiting for the light in the eyes of the recipient. The sweet smell of these beautiful flowers wrap me in my Nana's arms again.

No comments:

Post a Comment