Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Amelia Island




So far today has been much better. Millie is feeling more like herself and we were even able to get out of the house for a short while. We went to Rite Aid for tissues and a toy then to eat a happy meal at Mammy and Pappy's house. Now Mil and Wayne are napping. I think staying at home was starting to get to Mil. We are usually on the go at least once or twice a day. So this morning she asked me if we could go to the beach. Well I couldn't take her to the real one so I set out to make a fake one. One of my facebook friends let her girls play in sand (cornmeal) in her kitchen not to long ago and said it wasn't too hard to clean up. So I dug out the Dora beach towel and the shovels and pale. I grabbed a big blue bowl and some shells. I poured 5 lbs of cornmeal in the bowl and for the next half hour Mil played in the sand. Then when she was done, she went to swim (bathtub) while Daddy and her played with the beach ball. And the cleanup really wasn't that bad 10 min, broom, dust buster and mop. Hey my floor needed the mopping anyway. I hope that is a memory she will keep. Messes will clean but memories will last :)
Holly

1 comment:

  1. that's so fun! and thanks for your sweet comments on my blog today :)

    ReplyDelete