Wednesday, April 14, 2010

An Unexpected Surprise

Today was supposed to be an average Wednesday. Wayne had an ACLS class all day and Millie and I were staying home. We went to bed and then when Millie woke me up at 8:30 Wayne was standing there in his scrubs. HUH? OH NO HE IS SOOOO LATE! I sat up quickly and he smiled sheepishly. Apparently his class was yesterday. :) I love my little scatter brained sweetie. Anyway any opportunity to spend some quality family time is a good one! So off to Chucky Cheese we went! We had a great time and Millie racked up 263 tickets and got all sorts of junk. Then we went to the grocery. Ever since I really got heavy in the couponing going to the store is quite a job, but with Wayne's help it was much easier. BTW subtotal $166 and total after coupons $119 :) Then we headed home and Millie took a much needed nap in the car. When we got home Millie set to work playing with a bucket of water (slathered in SPF50) and Wayne started planting some more landscaping (slathered in SPF50). I did something that gave me great pleasure, I cleaned all three of our bathrooms. I am not being sarcastic, I love spraying that foaming cleaner and then when it is wiped clean everything is sparkly and new. Ok I know I am a freak, but hey if you gotta do it anyway...... Now I am sitting at the picnic table watching Wayne and Millie dig a hole for a new plant.
God must have known I needed a day with my precious little family. I feel better today than I have in awhile. Watching Wayne and Mil try to play skeeball and seeing her face light up when she got to get a chocolate Easter bunny for being good (75% off) was priceless. I need to remember how much he has already given me and he gently reminded me today.

1 comment: