Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Fireworks on Mt. Fizzy Pop







Well let us see.... it has been a couple of weeks since my last post and boy have they been busy ones. The weekend before last we headed up to Eastern KY to visit my sister-in-law and her family, and to celebrate little Asher's first birthday. The trip went very well. I could not have asked Millie to be any better. She was the perfect kid all weekend. We exhausted her and she still smiled, we made her ride in a car for hours upon hours and she did so without protesting, even after a little accident with the suitcase and her top lip she was brave and never complained (unless she was fishing for sympathy). She enjoyed the birthday party and really loved meeting her cousin Asher. She slept with me all night for the first time in a big bed, (she has only slept all night in her crib or a pack in play). She never made a peep. She was convince since we were traveling in the mountains that we were going to Mt. Fizzy Pop (a place in her cartoon, WOW WOW Wubbzy). She was very excited and told everyone she was going there. So Cute!!! When we got home I made her a poster of our trip pictures and I had "Millie's Trip To Mt. Fizzy Pop" printed at the top, so we won't forget.
Last weekend was the fourth of July and of course we partied! Friday we went to my Uncle Todd and Aunt Kim's house. They always do a large fireworks display, which they call, Thunder Over Big Reedy. Millie was a little nervous at first, but then she saw her cousin Jacob enjoying them so she jumped down and joined in the fun. Saturday Wayne had to go back to work and Mil and I barely left the house. It was a good recovery time. Sunday was very special to me because my parents got Millie for church and I had breakfast and watched the movie "Eclipse" with my bestie, Mandy. It was a nice break, but I missed my little sidekick. One day she will be accompanying me on my trips to these "girl" movies and I will love every minute of it. Sunday night we had a cookout with my parents and then we headed to the bridge to watch another fireworks display, by the catfish festival. Monday we had lunch with Wayne's parents and spent the rest of the day just relaxing.
All in all it has been busy but wonderful. Everyday I am grateful to have such a precious family. Not just my Wayne and Millie (although they are my world) but a wonderful extended family as well. My parents and in laws are the best and my brother/sister in law and their families are awesome. It is so nice to have such a big support system, but it also gives me great comfort to know that Millie has such a huge support group. Everyone of them treat her like royalty. And every night she names everyone of them in her prayers. She knows love and feels love and that is the biggest blessing of all. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. such sweet stories! And I love the Mt. Fizzy Pop--adorable!

    On a sad note...I just realized that we probably won't work together again :( I am working Mondays and Wednesdays in July b/c I have my old lady water aerobics class on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I'll try to come visit on a Thursday or Friday to see you though! And I think my "going away party" will be on Monday the 26th. Sad I won't get to see your smiling face!

    ReplyDelete