Wednesday, July 7, 2010

~~ SARAH ~~



Did you ever meet that person, that person that always knew the right words to say. The person that smiled even when she really didn't feel like it. That person that has just always been there, silently a strong force in your life. Well I have one of those. She is a sweet young lady I met 7 and half years ago. When I started pediatric associates she was the copy girl. But even though we didn't have a lot of interaction it was very obvious that she had too much wisdom for her age and that she had strong faith in Jesus. As she finished college and her role at the office became larger we got closer. I began to see the depths of her wisdom and faith. She has always been what I would describe as an "old soul". By no means do I want you to think this is bad, this to me means that while others her age went to clubs, Sarah ran a bible study group for girls. While others her age got drunk, Sarah learned to be a master baker, and bakes treats for all her coworkers. She is thoughtful and kind. She is the calm in our storm. She is a very classy girl and being around her makes you feel better. A couple of years ago Sarah developed some life altering illnesses. But she has pushed through them to continue to take on more responsibilty at work. A job where she is constantly exposed to illness, illnesses that she very often gets. Well recently she made the wise beyond her years decisions to step away from her job. She is allowing her poor body its much deserved rest and allowing herself the opportunity to heal. While this decision makes alot of sense to me, and while I encourage this, on a selfish note I hate it. I dread what this means for our tiny office. I don't think we will realize the magnitude of this loss until it happens. The silent pillar of strength is leaving and I hope the building doesn't cave in on our heads. I hope we can find someone else to have compassion when we cry or someone else to remember everyone's birthday. Who is going to point me in the right direction when I ask for a form or answer billing questions. Who is going to calm the angry parent or comfort the mother who just lost her health insurance. I hope she knows how much she will be missed. So Sarah, I know you are reading this (my loyal reader), I just want you to know that I appreciate you. I love you and I wish you joy in your life. I hope you heal and thrive and I hope that all your desires are met. You are an amazing friend and I will miss you dreadfully, and you better come see me.


I love you sweet girl!

3 comments:

  1. i'm sitting here sobbing my eyes out! this means the world to me--thank you so much! I LOVE YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 100% totally agreed Holly, as a whole we are strong, but she is the glue that holds us together. I hope that the person that takes her place knows the shoes that are impossible to fill, Sarah is a wonderful friend and mentor. I love you Sarah, and I love you too Holly thank you for saying such kind words about our sweet loving friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah is my best friend and has been for over a decade now but I don't know if I could ever have captured her with such eloquent words! I have been there with her for months as she debated what the best thing to do for you at the office and for herself and her poor body. It was such a hard decision to make and she loves you all so much, if she wasn't suffering so much and didn't see a possibility outside of leaving I know she wouldn't leave. I can't wait to see what the Lord does through her while she journeys onto the next phase of her life.

    ReplyDelete