Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Our New Cleaning Lady

So recently we implemented a new rule in our house. When we changed Mil to the big girl bed a little over a week ago we decided the change should also incorporate a new "chore". Everynight before she goes to bed she has to clean her room and all the toys out of the living room. The key is she has to do it by herself. I will be honest I thought when we decided to do this I thought it would never work, or maybe half work. BUT once agian Mil surprises me (will I ever learn). Everynight she has cleaned her room and the living room by herself without complaint and has done an excellent job. She even has her own methods. For example I usually shove her little chairs and table agianst the wall (side by side) just to move them out of the way. Mil however doesn't consider that to be adequate she has to push the table agianst the wall and push both chairs underneath. She gets upset if you mess with her method (I don't know where she gets that from). I appreciate that Wayne really encourages this, and when I try to help her he holds me back. We make a huge deal out of her accomplishment, because really for a 2 yr old, it is awesome.

1 comment: