Monday, January 30, 2012

No Words....

On November 13th a precious child was taken home to be with the Lord. There was no long illness, no cancer, no warnings. She was the only daughter to a very sweet friend. She was 12 and perfect. I don't understand. I know it is wrong to question God and I know I am not privileged to his plan, but I don't understand. I have been praying since November 13th to give me the words to help my friend. I have been praying to do something to provide a few moments of peace to this grieving mother. I have no words. So I sit here struggling.
God, please help my friend to know that her precious child is with you and happy. Please allow her to have a sense, if not understanding, at least peace. I know her heart will always be broken, but Lord please help it to stay together. Please Lord allow me, or anyone the words to give comfort. Lord, I know she must be angry because I would be, but Lord help her to see she needs you now more than ever. Hold her God when she wants to push you away. When she finds a small treasure of her child's, like old photos, school papers, or long forgotten toys help her to deal with the new rush of pain they must bring. I wish we could understand, but I know you have a plan. Lord please help her, I will not pray for her to move on because I am a mother and I know she cannot. I will not pray for her to move past because I am a mother and I know she cannot. I pray for moments of calm during the storm and for the pain to dull everyday. Lord please be with her always.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment