Monday, January 23, 2012

~The Voice of the New Year~

Well we are half way through the month on January! I know the last part of 2011 I was a very very bad blogger. I am aware, you are aware lets move on shall we. Anyway 2012 so far has been very nice. I say nice because it really hasn't been bad, and it really hasn't been spectacular. It's just been nice. This week we, my little family of 3 (and even the dog), have had nasty little colds. Mil is coughing, Wayne has been sniffly since the beginning of the year and I HAVE LOST MY VOICE. I know many are rejoicing, trust me I have heard it all. Friday morning I woke up, got ready for work and drove to Bowling Green. I made it to McDonald's to get my much need LARGE diet coke! I opened my window at the drive-thru opened my mouth to order and nothing, I mean nothing came out of my mouth! How embarrassing, after a few moments of clearing I was able to get the poor girl on the other end of the speaker to more or less guess what I needed. I hadn't talked at all til I got there so I had no way of knowing I was voiceless. Well needless to say it made working the next couple of days challenging, but everyone was very nice and most just laughed :) Not many are used to me being of few words. The whole experience was a very interesting learning process. You can get so much more out of life it you are silent. Not silent all the time but a lot of the time. I have enjoyed the quiet. I have really heard people, people who normally are comfortable sitting back and letting me run the conversation had to actually think of things to talk to me about. I have learned things about people I never knew, I guess I was so busy steering things my way I only went in one direction. I have fought less with my husband, I think because I had to pick carefully what I wanted to try and say. Once I thought harder I realized some of my choices weren't necessary or nice. Hmmmm. My sweet girl has shown me more responsibility in the last few days. She tries to care for me and she tries to anticipate my needs so I don't have to ask. She has such a nurturing spirit, one day she is going to make a terrific mother, and anything else she chooses to be :) I love her. Today my voice is there, more a shadow of its once boom, but it is there. I am grateful and a little sad. I hope I remember to shut up more in the future, because I might hear what I'm looking for. Happy New Year~
Holly

2 comments:

  1. Hope you recover soon, but it sounds like God is showing you blessings in spite of this! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss you too Sarah! Hope we can have lunch soon.

      Delete