Sunday, June 14, 2009

Going to Church To See Jesus

This morning was bit of challenge to say the least. Every other weekend Wayne has to work. I used to skip church on those Sundays but about a month ago I decided that wasn't good for Millie or me. We enrolled Millie in Sunday school and I haven't missed a Sunday with her yet. The weekends Wayne is able to be with us are by far much easier, but the rest of the time we make it on our own. This morning the devil was really testing me. I usually wake up about 30 min before Millie so I can get myself ready, then wake Mil and give her breakfast, get her dressed and leave. Not the way today went..... First I woke up with only 10 min to get ready (darn the snooze button). I rushed and got dressed, and went to wake Mil. She raised her head up when I walked in and said very clearly "NO" and then she refused to stand. I carried her limp body to the highchair, where she layed her head on the tray and fell back to sleep. She then startled and began to demand at the top of her lungs her "SIPPY". She drank her milk and then refused to take her allergy medicine. She spit half of it in her hand, then wiped her hand through her hair. NICE! I finally forced half her yogurt into her mouth, the other half on the floor, and we made our way to change. She of course refused to sit still and we had to change dresses twice, to find one she didn't tear at screaming. I fixed her hair, she pulled it out, I yelled and smacked her hand, and fixed her hair, while she screamed. We made it to the car and to the church parking lot. She refused to put her feet on the ground, I spanked, she still refused. I carried her to Sunday School. I expected the fight of my life when we entered the drop off point. Millie said "get down" I sat her on the floor. She turned to me and said "bye, go see Jesus" and walked by herself to the door.
See You Tomorrow,
Holly

1 comment:

  1. wow--what a precious moment you would have missed had you given in! i am impressed. i struggle to go to church if patrick can't go..and therefore haven't been in a bit. proud of you!

    ReplyDelete