Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Mommy's Little Helper

When you are a mommy there are moments when you want to run and hide and then there are moments when your heart bursts with love and you wouldn't want to be anywhere else. I am grateful there are more heat bursting than hiding.
Today while cleaning up the TV room, I noticed Millie watching me. I was picking up her blocks and putting them in the plastic container. She walked over to a block, bent and picked it up, she slowly made her way to me and said "here go mama". It was so precious. I took the block and began to lavish her with praise. She was grinning from ear to ear and began running around the room picking up every block, toy and piece of lint. She just wanted me to praise her. It occured to me how fragile children are. All she wanted was to hear me love her, and tell her how proud I was. It made me wonder about other kids and worry if anyone ever notices the blocks they pick up. I believe in my heart that Millie's future accomplishments are being shaped now, by my reactions. I hope that every parent remembers that. Little things mean the most.
Everyday Millie teaches me something new, everyday she makes me a better person.
See You Tomorrow,
Holly

1 comment: