Monday, March 8, 2010

Millie's Birthday Weekend


This weekend was special. It was a celebration of the most beautiful, special, wonderful child in the world. My Millie. Her second birthday was today (or yesterday b/c it is past midnight now). The festivities started on Friday. I stayed home from work and we baked her cake and cupcakes, then we went for new haircuts, followed by a happy meal. When we got home she took a long nap, and Wayne and me went to decorate for her party.



Saturday was her big bash. She had requested a Dora party and we went all out to make sure she had a good time. She was wonderful, very grateful and polite. I told her I was very proud of how good she was and she said, " I say thanks, I like it, even if I don't"... Hahaha. Oh well that is a life lesson. She had tons of guests and tons of presents. She is definitely loved. Her grandparents doted as usual ( she has the two greatest sets in the world) and her Aunts and Uncles did too much. Wayne's sister, Millie's Aunt Paula ( and Uncle Al) drove over 5 hours to come to her party! After the party we spent sometime with them at Mammy and Pappy's. When we got back home she wanted to sit in her new car ( a gift from Nonna and Papaw) and watch "TB". I just love how she talks.



On Sunday, b/c it was her "real" birthday we had to do some special stuff. It started with balloons, a song and a cupcake for breakfast (while she sat in her car). We were then off to Chucky Cheese, Millie struck gold while there and ended up winning almost 200 tickets by herself. Then off to Walmart where she got 2 new pink fish (Daddy got them for her so they are special). When we got home she enjoyed the sunshine and she and Wayne went for a walk in the woods (ok Wayne walked and Millie got carried). After dinner she got her second cake. We then had a little icing fight, followed by a bath.



All in all I think she had a good birthday. I hope she did. I love her so much, I just want her to feel how much her Daddy and I are grateful for her. She is growing so fast (too fast). The other day one of the ladies at work was laughing at the excessive-ness of her birthday party, etc. My reply she maybe my only child and I am going to enjoy every moment with her and have as few regrets as possible.
Happy Birthday Princess, Mommy loves you to the moon and back!

2 comments:

  1. enjoy the excess! i do it w/my fur baby--butch turns 3 on wednesday, we will have a special date to petco and maybe a junior bacon cheeseburger ;)

    I especially love "I say thank I like it even if I don't" what a polite little one!! happy birthday miss millie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog Holly! I like reading the posts and seeing pics of Miss Millie! I loved seeing her at her Birthday Party. You can tell she is your child... everytime I see her she makes me laugh, is the sweetest person, so loving and just beautiful inside and out! You and Wayne are wonderful parents! Thank you so much for having us be a part of her party. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete