Tuesday, September 11, 2012

When Millie started preschool last month I was surprisingly not too sad. I think it might have something to do with my mom being in the classroom and it really is only 3 hours 4 days a week. Either way I looked at it as a chance to train our family for "real" school. I also saw it as an opportunity to spend a few hours doing things I haven't had a "chance" to do. For example clean out my sock drawer, organize my jewelry, and most importantly clean out my closet. Sure these are things I could do everyday, but have you ever attempted one of these with a 4 year old sweet girl, who loves to try on everything. I could only imagine the chaos. I also wanted to spend a little time each week volunteering in my Aunt Kim's 1st grade. So this is Mil's 4th week of school and I have made a few discoveries. 1) 3 hours is not much time, if you drop off, stay for town hall, count drive time to and from and allow yourself a few minute window to be early we really are really talking about 2hr 15min. 2) I like to volunteer in my Aunt Kim's classroom... the kids are adorable... it is hard to walk away. 3) I need to eat breakfast, because my plan of running her to school and coming home to breakfast never works out. 4) I need to schedule my time to avoid not getting to do anything because I am trying to do everything. 5) I need to limit my unnecessary trips to town. I think because we are halfway there I should just run in to grab lunch or go to the dollar store. It is wasting my time and money. This is not to say my first 4 weeks haven't been productive. I have cleaned out my sock drawer, volunteered with Aunt Kim 4 times and I have figured out the above items. So with all this experience under my belt I have come up with a plan. Monday: Begin weekly project.... Tuesday: Finish weekly project.... Wednesday: Volunteer in Aunt Kim's classroom (or other area if not needed in 1st grade). I work at the office on Thursday and Friday so my week is full. I am starting this new schedule next week and I will be using this blog to keep my accountable. To be held accountable though you need to be aware of my goals so Goal for week 1: organize my jewelry..... Goal for week 2: organize my closet..... Goal for week 3: assemble shoe rack and organize shoes and purses.... and Goal for week 4: clean off top of TV center in bedroom, organize bedside table and  deep clean our bedroom. I think this is enough for now. If my goals work out I should have a nicely arranged bedroom and dressing area before Fall sets in. Wish me luck and if you don't see updates about my goals you have my permission to publicly harass me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment