Monday, May 25, 2009

Control Freak



(Taken By My Wonderful Husband Wayne)
Most of you who know me know that I am a huge control freak. In every aspect of my life I need to have the complete say. And to be perfectly honest I am kind of tired of it. I can't tell you why I am this way or when it started, but I can tell you I can't remember a time when I wasn't in the lead. It has served me very well and has helped me achieve my goals and given me a nice life, but I believe it has ran it's course. I am tired of never asking for help or expecting myself to plan it or be in charge of it. Sure I still want to be good at my job, be organized with my life, but I just don't want to be in charge of every little detail. I think my attitude has been changing since the birth of Millie. I have recently been seeing these tendencies in her. Don't get me wrong, there would have been many days I would have pulled my hair out if it wasn't for her schedule, but now is the time to be a little more free. I don't mean we are going to be having ice cream for breakfast at 4 am, but maybe we will not be eating yogurt and oatmeal on alternating days at 8:30 am. (Yes I was that bad). I want her to be more flexible, so she doesn't end up nervous if she doesn't have everything in the "right" order. Tomorrow is the beginning of the new me. I am very apprehensive and also very excited. I am sure no one will know what to do with me and I am sure everyone at work will ask me if I am feeling ok, but I am ready. Now let's just see how it goes.......
See Ya Tomorrow (or maybe not),
Holly

2 comments:

  1. sounds like a good resolution! (getting sick made me do this for myself...at least a little)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm wanting to see this. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete