Friday, May 1, 2009

Sippy Cups and Tiolet Bowls



There are few things in life that can crack you up like your kids. The hardest part of being a parent is keeping a straight face, when they do something wrong. The other day I was fixing Millie's dinner and I asked her "Millie where is your sippy" she continued to play but looked up at me for a split second. I asked agian "Millie go get your sippy" she looked at me with her big blue eyes and grinned. So a little more forcefully I said "Amelia Faith Cardwell go get your sippy cup" , she stood up and very deliberatley walked to the bathroom, I was a little confused, but I followed behind. That is when it came into view, a little pink sippy cup bobbing up and down in the tiolet. She reached her little hand in to retrieve it and I stood there torn between laughing like crazy, throwing up, turning around and pretending I never saw it, or yelling. I chose snickering, raising my voice, closing the tiolet lid, washing her hands and sanitizing the cup twice in the dishwasher. No one tells you that one day you will be forced to explain to your child that when her sippy is empty she should bring it to Mommy and not try to fill it herself in the tiolet. Life Lessons!


See Ya Tomorrow,


Holly

1 comment: