Saturday, May 2, 2009

Small Blessings



Today was the kind of day I used to dream of. Most of you who know me know that Wayne and I struggled with infertility for many years, you also know we suffered a great many bumps along the way. But today was the kind of day that made the scars heal alittle. To the outside world it was probably a boring day. When I woke up this morning we were all under one roof. No one had to go to work or run any errands. We didn't have a destination to be at a certain time. We just had each other. I made biscuits and gravy while Millie and Wayne watched cartoons, then we got dressed and made our way to Woodburn for the strawberry festival. There was one booth with strawberries and those were flown in from California! The prices on the yard sale items were way too high. But I really only felt one way..... full. I was pushing my baby around in her stroller, while my husband looked through old books, and I was extremely happy. We went to Logan's for lunch, we spent way too much money and Millie got greasy corndog on her shirt (through the bib), and I was so happy. We went to the mall to buy grippy socks, and Millie wanted a balloon. I loved buying it for her and watching her walk hand in hand with her Daddy. She smiled at that overpriced balloon and I thought how that little smile was priceless. We went to Dairy Queen for ice cream and Millie wore more than she ate, but I loved every sloppy minute of it. Today was a day of my dreams, today was a day with my daughter, my little one, my family. It may not be perfect or glamerous, but I want days like this forever.


See You Tomorrow,


Holly '

1 comment: