Monday, April 20, 2009

And God Laughed



Funny how life works, last night I write how I am going to be more positive and this morning I oversleep, wake Millie up to discover she has a fever of 101( and feels like crap), and I stepped in dog pee (thanks Punkin). Normally I would have cried and been in a pissy mood all day, but not today. With my resolution fresh in my mind I decided we were going to have a good day if it killed me. I changed my socks, gave Millie some motrin, and curled up in bed with her to watch cartoons. It is very ironic that when your kid is not sick all you can say is I wish she would be still for one minute and when your kid is sick (and still), you just wish they would feel well enough to run around. Either way holding my little girl this morning while we watched Olivia (I love that pig), was one of the highlights of my week. At times she still smells like that 8 pound baby. Luckily the fever must have been b/c of teeth and by 10:30 she was wild (see picture). We did also end up at the doctor today, after nap she started picking at her foot and saying ow, ow, mama. There was a tiny spot on her right foot, Dr. Chris says it is either a splinter working it's way out or the start of a wart, but we shouldn't have to aputate. Moral of the story, even though the morning was a potential disaster, it ended up being a moment to cherish. I love that kid.


See Ya Tomorrow,


Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment