Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Daddy's Girl


Just over one year ago my father had bypass surgery. They had to do 6 bypasses, and for those of you not familar with this type of heart surgery that is alot. He had suffered more than one heart issue in the past and the one that sent him for sugery happened on the night my daughter was born. That was a very chaotic time in my life and I just recently started dealing with the emotions. The subject is on my mind because my daddy will be celebrating his 51st birthday Friday. To understand how I feel about this you must first realize that my daddy is my hero. He raised me as his princess, loved me more than I deserved and sacrificed much more than he should have. For all of these reasons and more he is, to say the least, very important in my life. It is a very helpless feeling when you realize your parent is human and that bad things can happen. For a while I was worried he was going to break, that if I said or did the wrong thing I might stress him out too much. I didn't ask him to help with things around the house, and was very worried when he came over to do projects anyway. But a few days ago with his birthday around the corner I began to understand that my daddy is better than he has been in years. Back before the operation he was the most vunerable, not now. It has been watching him with my daughter that has helped me let this go. Last year he could barely lift my 8 pound newborn and this year he is tossing my 23 pound toddler into the air. He is going hunting with my little brother. He is running around with my mom and working in the yard. He is back to being my daddy. So I want to take this opportunity to thank God for allowing my daddy another birthday and allowing him to become very important in my daughters life. I know he will be one of her heros too.

See Ya Tomorrow,

Holly

PS Hug your Daddy

2 comments:

  1. sounds like my relationship w/my dad--i am always so worried about him b/c he works so very hard and never takes breaks. daddys are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this very much. It is important to have this and I am so very glad that you do. Hugs, Mandy

    ReplyDelete