Sunday, April 5, 2009

A Sunday Without Daddy

( Daddy with Millie and Her Prize
Basket)

Ok so anyone who has a husband who works weekends, I feel your pain. It was my second weekend with no husband thanks to the evil ER. (ok so I get that they can't close the ER on weekends but still....). To all you stay at home moms out there I know you understand that sometimes you and your kid get a little sick of one another and Daddy is a good buffer. Well today was day two in no Daddy land. Millie did have a nice visit with Mammy and Pappy yesterday for which I am very grateful, it is probably what saved me today. But today we hung out together. Sometimes that is nice however today she was not in the best of moods, a combonation of new teeth (please God) and rain (no rock picking today). I was also not in the greatest of spirits. A combonation of dirty house and no desire to clean and laundry out the wazoo ( I can't spell wazoo). Anyway needless to say we had words. Not an easy task with a 1yr old.
I did leave her with Nonna and Papa when I went to town for milk. It was a nice break, never thought a trip for milk could be a vacation.
Millie did use crayons today for the first time. I mean she has held crayons before but usually they end up in her mouth or broken. But today she used them to scratch on construction paper. Her masterpiece is hanging on the pantry door. I am thinking about putting it on ebay........
Tomorrow we have Kindermusik (at freakin 9 am...) and then errands in BG to run. We have a playdate with Aunt Mandy and Jacob at 6. Oh yeah and Wayne has to work.. Oh well at least he is off Tuesday.
FYI: Look for Millie in this weeks Banner. She won a door prize at the egg hunt in town yesterday.
See Ya Tomorrow,
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment