Thursday, April 9, 2009

Biters Anonymous


First let me start by saying my little girl is one of the two most important people in my life. I love her more than the moon and the stars, but wow can she bite. It has been more than two months without major incident but tonight my shoulder bares the marks. It started innocent enough, we were watching TV and snuggling and then out of nowhere chomp! It hurt! Bad! But what made this event blog worthy was my husbands reaction. I was so shocked that I just sat there and my husband swooped down like superman and picked her up. And off to the corner they went for timeout. He explained how biting was bad and how we do not hurt mommy and how we should apologize when we hurt people. He was patient and kind to her but firm. I was proud. After his discussion my 13mth old child said "aary" (Sorry for you non baby speaking people). I felt like in the middle of our little chaos he was the calm and that made me feel confident in our parenting. If one falls short the other can pick up and be reasonable. So brownie points to my Wayne.

On a side note I am happy to report Punkin's leg is doing really well. For those of you who didn't hear me cry about this a couple of weeks ago, Punkin hurt her leg while were not in the room. We assume she dislocated her knee. And recently there has been no jumping on the couch because of tenderness. She has also been sleeping on Millie's big dog because she can't jump on the bed. But the last couple of days she has been her old self. However she does now seem to prefer the big dog. Go Figure!

See Ya Tomorrow,

Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment