Friday, April 17, 2009

Lesson Learned


Tonight I sat on the couch and watched my husband, really watched him, with our daughter. I was amazed at him. I have always known my Wayne to be an impatient in the moment kind of guy, I mean really he is an ER nurse. But watching him with her I noticed how he has changed since her birth. She was moving her tinkerbell chairs, something she does often, around the room to various places, no real destination in mind as far as I could tell. She got stuck, my first reaction was to jump up get her out and move on so I could concentrate on Super Nanny, ironic huh. But not Wayne, he kneeled beside her and carefully guided her through getting herself out. And the look of pride on her face when she did it by herself made me realize, getting her out is easy, it's teaching her how to get out that is hard. I am a lucky woman.

See Ya Tomorrow,

Holly

PS Happy Birthday Daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment